Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Release the Hounds III: The Return of the Fling

Okay, so it's been two months since I have last posted something. That's almost as long as the ending to the Lord of the Rings (which was on TBS last weekend). Seriously Frodo, just get on the boat already.

After some oh-so subtle comments (like Pierre: "So, should I just delete the Hounds page from my bookmarks?") I've decided to start up again with the start of the outdoor season. A lot has gone on in the past two months since the last post. In no particular order:

- We're about to start the third Summer of the Hounds.

- The winter season ended on a low note...losing the final two games in the playoffs. We're not there yet.

- Our friend Matt left to be the new best player in Spain. More on that another day.

- Spiderman 3 came out. Too many villians. Michelle can't wait for the next Pirates movie, whereas I am looking forward to the Simpsons movie.

- The Maple Leafs teased us all with a big win over Montreal on the second-last day of the season, only to see some goalie nicknamed "Dubie" knock them out of the playoffs in heart-breaking fashion the day after. And now Ottawa is the favourite to win the Stanley Cup. Excuse me while I smash my face in with a frying pan.

- Hamid, Chris, Dan Thomson defended their Spring Tune Up title with the help of Dan Norman, MC, and a few others as they ran the table as "Stupid Sexy Flanders." After playing 6 games, all we could say was "This is the worst pain ever!"

- Simon Jr. still has not been born yet.

- 24 is almost over, and I hate to say it, but I think it's losing it's magic. It's just too much. I can't miss an episode though.

- The Hounds added Carla, Nadia, Dan and Owen as full-time members of the squad. Best recruiting since Michigan's basketball team when they got the "Fab 5".

- The Raptors choked away their first round series to Vince Carter and the New Jersey Nets. That really pissed me off.

- We're two years of bidding away from having a chance at going to Gender Blender.

- A rag-tag group of Hounds finished 13th at TUF. It was the top finish by a non-Touring team. Rob Camp gives us a 5% chance at making he Nationals.

- Someone won Survivor. Apparently it's still on TV.

- The Blue Jays have gone from "optimistic" to "gong show" with injuries to their closer, set-up man, left fielder/leadoff man, ace starter, third baseman, catcher, bat boy and peanut vender. We're pretty much looking to next year already, and we're not even a third of the way through this season. Wicked.

- Canada won the World Hockey Championships with a perfect record. The House of Commons tried to take credit for their "motivation" of captain Shane Doan.

- We have initially been ranked 14th on Mondays. Time to get to work.

- Chuck Norris found me, which is why I'm back to posting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post. It's good to refresh our memory with recent news. Let me add some more news:

- The Bourne Ultimatum trailer has been released. Best trailer released since 300. I'm still more looking forward to the Transformers movie.

- The Quebec Junior Hockey Championship (LHJMQ) has been won by a team from the US. How did we manage to lose that one?!?!?!?

- Lyanne has already hosted two BBQs before the summer season even started. Based on my simple forecast, we should have 15 BBQs at Lyanne's this summer.

- Simon sent me a scented love letter recently, something I hadn't received in more than 15 years!!!

Did I miss anything, anyone?

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris...don't be shy. We don't mind if you post your own picture.

Unknown said...

2007 results so far is great addition.

New shirts being dropped off to me tonight.

If we end our washout game early next Monday we can head over to watch the Big Hammers v Mandrew "showdown".