Thursday, May 24, 2007

Some unexpected readers

It appears that Simon has put our site on our TUC team page, which has resulted in quite a few hits from curious people wondering just what this "Release the Hounds" team is about.

I must say that when I started this blog, I wasn't really expecting more than about 20 people to read it...ever. Hell, I don't think my wife has even read it. That being said, it was just a matter of time that the exploits of the Hounds were going to become a world-wide phenomenon, so I guess I should have expected this to happen sooner or later.

So, this post is for all you TUC'ers who have stumbled across my humble site, trying to gain some insight into who we are, and more importantly, how to beat us.

We are Release the Hounds; and no, you're not going to beat us. But I'm sure it will be a fun game.

We are starting up our third year together playing this game some like to call Ultimate Frisbee, but we call Flatball. There has been a lot of changes to the roster, but there are still nine of the original Hounds still kicking around. Of course, you can read more by checking out our archives, as well as the Inaugural Address from this site, which is actually the second version of the Hounds on-line.

If you are going to read the tripe that I am posting, then you need to know a few things:
1) I'm a sarcastic, cocky, smart-ass wanker who really doesn't take many things seriously.
2) I'm not expecting anyone to read this other than the Hounds, and any others do so at their own peril.
3) If I say anything about you or your team, I'm probably doing it to try to have some fun, or to pump my team up. Nothing personal. Unless it's Mandrew...then it's personal.

So, if you are a non-Hound reading this, welcome to our humble cyberspace-abode. Put your feet up, grab a beer, read as much as you'd like, and feel free to post a comment if you wish. Although I do kinda consider you to be like Peter Griffin in the clip below, but it's okay. Nothing much is going on here.


See you on the field.

Release the Hounds!

No comments: