Sunday, June 24, 2007

I just want some pants

Since our attempt spying on the opposition didn't really help last week, I thought I'd try a more direct approach at scouting the opposition.

Me: "So Rol, how's the team looking for the game on Monday?"
Rol: "Dude, we got the Legion of Doom coming out."
Me: "Crap."

OK, so Mandrew pretty much has everyone coming out, so we're going to be in tough. So, here are some goals for the game:

1) Play our game
2) Work hard
3) Make smart decisions
3) Have fun

We know that the Legion of Doom has been known to bicker, so hopefully they will be worried about things other than ultimate, like their wardrobe.


We already have the kick-ass uniforms.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wore my Hounds shirt yesterday and we won 2 games (which is a feat for MMV). Coincidence? I think not.

Anonymous said...

Maybe we can have someone wear the hard hat on the field laying out into Mandrew players...

Anonymous said...

Hey Hounds....a bit of a poor showing last night.
Sure, we made a come back push in the second half, but where were we in the first?

The Hounds are supposed to be fierce and hungry! For the last couple of weeks we seemed more like Santa's Little Helper who just watches as the disc hits us in the face.

C'mon! Where's the fire! It will take a lot more than belly fire to beat the top teams, but the fire has to be there!

I feel like we're Rocky after he got beat down by Clubber Lang.
We need to make that come back! Eye of the tiger, baby!

We know we have the tools and the skills to succeed. I've seen it....we've all seen it. We just need to remember how to use them.

Anonymous said...

You're a tool. I'm going to use you to succeed.

Anonymous said...

My big take-away from Monday was around execution. We didn't make many bad decisions, but had some problem with execution. Every mistake turned into a point against us. We simply needs to stop those mistakes. A practice might be timely...

Unknown said...

Hear hear! Let me know when there's quorum on having practices and I'll happily start organising again!

p.s. Christian - with your subtle brand of humour were you brought up on Monty Python?

Anonymous said...

Christian is too young to have been brought up on Monty Python.

"Always look n the bright side of life."