Wednesday, August 01, 2007

But who will control the Beer Bong?

This past Monday marked the final game as a Hound for our good friend, Pierre Dufour. As we know, he will be leaving with Natalie for France where he will further his education at INSEAD in Fontainebleau, about 65 kms to the south of Paris. They already have a nice little place ready for their arrival, and I'm sure they will find lots to do while they are working and studying abroad.

Pierre has been a full-fledged member of the Hounds since we started way back in the Spring of 2005. I still remember the halcyon days when Pierre was "Party Guy" organizing all of the Hounds social events; including the infamous Old School movie night, the beer bong and the House Crawl. Although, given the amount of alcohol Pierre made me consume, I am amazed that I actually remember anything at all. I would be remiss (and Michelle would kill me) if I did not also mention the dragonflies at Snowplate.


Unfortunately due to an injury Pierre was only able to play the final point (which happened to be the longest point of the game), and even worse, we lost the game. But a matter such as winning an losing was definitely not the important aspect on Monday night. After the game, we went back to one of our original post-game stomping grounds, St. Louis', to re-live the good times and to give Pierre a proper Hounds send-off, which of course included an Irish Car Bomb.

He has already promised me that he will continue to check the site to keep in touch with our progress, since apparently I'm on his "Top 4" sites to check. He better keep reading, since he's one of about 8 people who actually pay attention here.

So, we say "A Bientot" to Pierre: Hound, Party Guy, Tournament Captain, and most importantly, our friend. Good luck in France, and we hope to see you soon.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww so sweet.

Anonymous said...

:-(

I feel this weird sense of emptiness now that I won't play agin with the Hounds any time soon...

Come visit me in Paris!!!!

A+ (french e-slang which means "a plus", short for "a plus tard"... )

Pierre