Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A 24 of ale will cover it? Sold!

As most of you know, our old friend and former-Hound Hamid has built quite a reputation for himself as a master-blogger with his site, The Roman Empire. But he is about to become a Toronto-wide celebrity, as his visage will adorn the back of four vehicles in the Sport and Social Club fleet.

For those who have kept up with his site, this is not news. Although, I think it is news that he's going to be on FOUR vehicles...he thought it was only going to be one.

So, why am I bringing this up now, three weeks after Hamid wrote about it? Well, I do have something to add to his story about his picture on the van. At the bottom of his post, he noted: "Hmm, shouldn’t TCSSC be paying me a bazillion dollars to use that photo? What’s that, you say? A 24 of ale will cover it? Sold!"

Well, I showed my director his site (she was away until this past Monday) and she told me to get that man some beer. So, from the lawyers who brought you "The Shinning", may I present to you, Hamid with beer, in front of Hamid on a van.

I'm sorry to say to Hamid though, you totally under-bid yourself. We would have got you at least a 28-pack. Sucker!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris, this is spectacular. I am going on an all-empty-carbs diet for the next week.

Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

oops. that should read "all-empty-calories."

Anonymous said...

The irony of that picture, is that hamid got called for "travelling" a half-dozen times in our last game for doing exactly what is depicted on the van!