Thursday, July 12, 2007

Why is the door open?

So, Simon wants to start the Hounds mentoring program:

I did want to keep pushing on one area that most folks commented on as being of interest: setting up development mentors within the team. I really see the benefit of this from my own experience – for example on Monday Tien specifically watched me from the sideline and constantly talked to me about field positioning – cutting and clearing – and I found it very helpful.

Now obviously this is optional, but I would really encourage everyone to get involved; mentoring at any level is helpful, even just picking someone to watch you and give you feedback at the end of each game.

Please respond to me with:

1) An area of strength that you would be willing to mentor someone else on
2) An area you would like to develop. Also any suggestions of who you would like your mentor to be

If we get a good level of engagement I will compile likely pairings and chat with individuals to get folks matched up.


I just hope it's better than this mentorship program...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good engagement so far, keep the responses coming...

bonners said...

Hey Chris,
Great clip in the "Bless You(Tube)" section. I think I recognize the first song in it. I hear that singer is quite good.

Chris said...

I hear her fans are bonkers though.

Christian said...

I want my mentor to be Peyton Manning. I want to learn how to smoke kids in the back of the head with a football... it looks like fun.

Chris said...

OK, for some reason my post today about El Kabong isn't working. Damn Blogger!