Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Hounds > Love

Monday's game left me with an weird feeling. While it's always nice to win, we didn't seem to play very well. What to make of it all?

Well, we did manage to shut them out for awhile (10-0!), which is quite the accomplishment against this squad. It's not like we were playing those chokers on Nobody Puts Baby in a Corner... Plus, holding the Disciples to only 13 points is a good effort. So cheers to the defense.

Jeers though must go to the offense, which only managed to score 19 times. What is this, regular point?

Something that I noticed was that the stack was set much too far away. This took away any solid deep threats, while giving their D a chance to catch up to us on our in cuts. How many deep throws did we have? With our speed, we should be trying to set that up more. Even if it isn't there, a deep strike sets up solid continuation passes and easy yardage.

We also went through stretches where everyone was trying to do everything, followed by everyone doing nothing. Perhaps the zone threw us off a bit, although I don't know why it should have. It was a passive zone with a two-man cup. Indoors! We should cut through that like Michael Myers cuts through promiscuous teenagers.

So, let's remember to maintain our stack offense, and play our game. And crush the other team.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the game?

Something you might find interesting

At least I did when I saw this thread on the TUC BBS. I don't know who this Richard K guy is, but I like the cut of his jib.

Christian's poetic question

"What's with the random poll on the side? Are we going for dim sum?
If so, I want to come."

Uh, we're playing Sasquatch and the Dumpling Gang on Monday.  I'm not very creative.

But, if you wanted, we could go for Dim Sum.
And you could eat it, and it would be yum-yum.
Perhaps wash it down with Coke and rum.
But stinky breath; don't forget to bring gum.
Tittie boobie bum bum

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice poem Chris!

I agree with your comment that our offence was very much lacking structure. We definitely need to keep the ho stack close so we can use our deep threats more effectively.

Christian said...

Wow! You're a poet and didn't even know it.... yeah, I stole that line from somewhere.

I think that they key area of fault in our offence is communication. We need to talk to each other more on the feild.

That way we don't all cut to the same space at the same time. I know that sometimes people think that the defence will figure out what we're doing if we're talking to each other, but most of the time, they're not paying attention. I think the value of increased communication outweighs the "risk" of them knowing what we're doing.