Friday, March 07, 2008

My first restaurant review

Since my neighbourhood is still being built up, there aren't a lot of good places to go to get some good  food (although maybe I think I just miss Sneaky Dee's).  However, there is an Irish Pub that opened up across the street from my place, called the Brazen Head.  

I've been there four times, and to be honest, a part of me just doesn't feel it.  The food seems ok on paper, but something just doesn't work.  It's not bad, I guess, just a little heavy.

However, they have nailed two things:

1) The Roasted Red Pepper and Artichoke Dip
And they finally figured out the flatbread proportions.  The first few times there was a lot of dip left with nothing to scoop it with.  It's very annoying when there's dip staring at you and you can't do anything about it.

2) The after-dinner mints
They are these thick Lifesavers mints...spearmint I think...maybe peppermint.  Anyways, they are the best mints I have ever had.  If they have after-dinner mints in heaven, these are them.  Michelle and I always grab as handful extra as we leave.  Unless there is a server watching as we leave.  Then we each grab one.

Oh, make that three things...they also have Mill St. Organic on tap.

So, Brazen Head:  come for the Red Pepper and Artichoke Dip, stay for the mints.

(feel free to use in your testimonials)

No comments: