Monday, February 26, 2007

It's the most boring piece of garbage I've ever seen. And it's not easy for me to say that.

Wow, if I could have guilt tripped as well as Al Gore can to get himself the Oscar, I would have gotten that Sega Genesis I always wanted. Oh well.

Of course, the big story last night was the Hounds continuing their unbeaten run, winning a relatively easy game againt Flick Fu. We had some good moments: zone worked well, along with the defense in general (only 12 points scored against). Considering a third of the team was subbing in, the offense overcame some confusion and muddled play to still put up a good score. Of course the big test is coming up this Sunday with our game against the Sofa Kings.

The other event of the night of course was the Oscars. For those who missed it, Martin Scorsese finally won his statue for Best Director, after missing out on previous films like Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, Gangs of New York and The Aviator. Of course, Al Gore won for Best Slide Show, and Pan's Labyrinth took home two awards to make up for it not getting a Best Picture nomination. I can't go into too much about the winners/nominees...I have found myself going to fewer and fewer movies, as the only winners I have seen are Little Miss Sunshine, An Inconvenient Truth and the second Pirates Movie.

When I saw Little Miss Sunshine, I must admit I did not think it would be an Oscar nominee, but I did think that Alan Arkin had a shot at the Male Supporting Actor award. It's just one of those roles (quirky, bitter, but with a heart of gold) and stories (Arkin, veteran "that guy" actor) that the Academy loves to award with the Supporting trophy. But, Arkin was quite good in the movie...I only wish it came out 14 years ago so I could follow his advice:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

too bad Al Gore can't guilt trip himself. Apparently his modest little house uses 20x the energy of an average US home.

boo yah.